Wednesday, December 15, 2010

packing up a medicine garden....

The time has come to begin to pack up ten years worth of daydreams and stardust that came to a pocketfull of  rather solidly gnarly conclusion.
The 'treehouse' has been haven ,and hidey hole, now stripped bare of such warmly associations, I visit to begin to pack, lucky enough to be able to stay elsewhere as I dip into the memory laden contents of the flat.
Dog and I moved in with a fridge, a bed and each other. Over time we have gleaned a patchwork aray of many hued form and colour. ...
Theres the protective buddhist scroll illustrating the layering of buddhism with earlier indigenous bon religion that watches over when Im not there.
The herb drying racks once owned by an apprenticing baker for her loaves who now is a meister.
A victorian handbasin built into a wooden cuoboard so it can be politely folded away.
The bonsais have suffered in my absence, but the little broken buddha and crystals who sits amongst them dont require watering, so continue to flourish.
 Most of the resource library is in boxes, stacked slightly differently to when they inhabited shelves, I miss dipping into their offerings in a quiet moment.
I am trying to be zen about the whole thing, I coculd be on the street, but I like my stuff, some of  it heavy and carried with just hands, at times a skateboard, like the woodfire stove that weighs a bloody ton and I steered down the road on 4 small wheels. It could have burst a hole in theside of a brick wall if itd escaped, but didnt.
The garden has become a wild zone, a force of chaos unto herself, its kinda poetic and metaphorical really. I have seeds from most of the individual plants, stashed for later release and have been assured by a very cheerful rock I met that its meant to be so. What better medicne for an urban apartment block than untremmeled natural chaos!
Local kids have adopted the hammock tentatively, I hope when Im long gone they may venture into uncovering paths, stairs and a new caretaking will begin...not the type of community garden I had in mind, but lifes practicalitys can run eschew to our inner visualisations and imaginings it seems.
Still dont know where it is we're going next, guess thats where the zen comes in. Being in the transition of movement when you can do nothing but relax into uncertainty, Im not real good at it, but am being given ample opportunity for practice *sigh*. Gratitude for having safe houses and folks to be around, as I wait....and wait...and wait....whats the sound of a housing commision phone answered with one hand clapping? I paint....

No comments:

Post a Comment