Saturday, October 1, 2011

Calling in the Elements

Its taken a while for me to get reasonably happy with my calling in of the elements when casting a circle, or preparing for spirit journeys, but Im finally getting there. My correspondances relate to the southern hemisphere and my own inclinations. I painted the images on small canvas that I can place at the directions to evoke my imagination and remind. When closing down Welcome becomes Farewell...


Welcome to East, Welcome to Air,
Like a breath or a thoughtform,
Ungraspable yet there....


Welcome to North, Welcome to Fire,
Like passion, or flame,
Warming hearth, lighting desire...


Welcome  to the West, Welcome to Earth,
Compostuous green cycles,
Of death and rebirth...


Welcome to South, Welcome to Water,
Ocean, river, blood within me,
As moons daughter....

Welcome Above,
Where spirit dwells...

Welcome Below,
Home of Ancestors of yore...

No comments:

Post a Comment