Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A poem, a conversation, a ritual....

On the full moon, just organically, as I was burning sage and lit a candle I began to dialogue with spirit. What Im gratefull for in the now, what i just don't 'get', how much I miss the physical presence of my brother and grandmother, the thanks I have for my ancestors, teachers, guides and guardians in flesh and spirit, the hope to remain centred when working with my current goals. It was kind of a flow of words that came through in a flurry and when it was done I felt at peace. Im not sure if it was a ritual, a poem, a conversation or some quirky blend of all, but it shifted me beyond tears. It made me realise the potential beauty of simply creating sacred space and then being open. Ive never been one for reciting long memorised or read excerpts but to have a rave naturally felt damn good. I didnt censor, didnt feel the need and I think that was part of the catharsis. So often we control and clamp down on our hearts, to let it all hang out in a space constructed out of respect eased the human condition. Spirit took it all good naturedly as I channelled any excess energy to compost into the Earth below....

No comments:

Post a Comment