Monday, May 7, 2012



I set up my altar for a Samhain ritual, slowly over a couple of days, including painting up an image to rest there. A gathering of bones. Its rather an apt time to be working on the illustrations for Ilkas masters, of species that have become extinct since she began studying.

I began to write a structured ritual but, as at other times recently, ended up just winging it and having a heartfelt adlib dialogue with spirit. I welcomed in my ancestors, guardians and guides aswell as Cailleach, for we now move into her time of year, more internal focused. I offered up roast lamb and baked vegies, with fresh fruit for desert and of course whiskey. I partook of a little too much of the latter...drinking for the ancestors too...gotta watch that....

No comments:

Post a Comment