Sunday, July 31, 2011

see ya L plates...

Yep black betty nand I passed the test for Ps over the weekend! Yah! Just 2 weeks before my L plates ran out. Riding back through the hills I was struck, as one is in moments of awareness, at the geographical beauty Im surrounded by up here. Such variety too. So now im not studying for Ps homework I can relax into riding a bit more and explore the area. GPS aint much use on a bike, but theres a north coast street directory that advertises as 'going everywhere you GPS cant'. Sounds good to me! Betty goes off the bituman. Cant see that itll be a problem for her with her jacked up exhaust pipe and fat tyres, infact Ive tested over some potholes and shes pretty damn stable.

Its my first experience of chuck out piling round these parts at the moment. At first I was disappointed but then came the cane sofa for out in the garage space, then clean foam to make cushions for it, the cow hide rug, the round table that folds away (minus the knights of), a journal of handcrafted paper, those new ug boots, some pots for green folks, so Im feeling a bit more in my scavenging element.

Bloody bush turkeys got into my garden last night and uprooted my small but cherished seedlings that Ive been nurturing since I got here, grown from seed. Not impressed, theyd better watch out if i catch em at it again. Always did think they looked like good eating....

No comments:

Post a Comment