Saturday, July 2, 2011

Shrine to plant medicine...

So a mate offered me this 1930s cupboard that had been under her house, a little mouldy and dusty but nothing that a eucalyptus and detergent wash couldnt clean up. I decided to make it our plant medicine cupboard, a shrine to things herbal.  I do believe that by making spaces for what we honour and love theres an energy about of drawing these things into our lives. I love making salves, tinctures, elixirs and brews and it lets the plants know that I value their giveaways. Can be closed up n away too, like those curiousity cabinets folks made in victorian times filled with, well curious stuff. Often bones, talismans, amulets, taxidermy or just plain ol exotic things from far away places. Sitting ontop are all my gathering baskets, sadly unused of late. Also my dried herb ( aka coffee) grinder that I got for a couple of bucks, which was pretty grotty, but cleaned up, sanded back and oiled came up a dream....


I sorted through my library, no mean feat, and pulled out my herbology and growing books and put them in shelves next to the cupboard. All in all my altar to plant medicine is pretty well rounded I reckon! Hopefully itll send out clear vibes to healing plants that i want to work, play n make medicines with em. Next task is to design a logo to put on labels so stuff matches rather than being higglty pigglty scraps of paper.








No comments:

Post a Comment