Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Making my book.....

Ive been writing herbal, mythology, magical researching type tangents and notes to self on bits and pieces of paper but wanted to unify them somewhere so I can have a record all together. Something special I can bless and consecrate. So yesterday i gathered the materials and instuctions to make myself a book of shadows or grimoire.  As people have done since clay tablets and bone carvings were the page.
Its a 'post bound' type which is kind of like a fancy folder, in that you can add, remove and rearrange pages no worries. Ive tried using bought sketchbooks and journals but ended up tearing pages out with the inevitable stuff ups, and changes in ideas. With this kind of book I can write, draw and paint out of the book on a flat surface and then hole punch it up and add it. The cover is burgundy leather that I scored for free at a garage sale because the 'good' side was all marked, I simply turned it over and used the 'back' of the leather which has a lovely soft texture. The design I drew a while back with laundry markers onto another piece of leather
thats been looking for a home and now found it on the cover. 
The book will take about 300 pages, so I bought 100 parchement type A4 pages and figure that should keep me off the streets for a fair while. Now I'm looking at my reading lists, for me I have to take notes for information to sink in and now i have somewhere to put them.
 The things a girl finally gets up to when she's 2 weeks off the cigarettes....

No comments:

Post a Comment